Your premier manufacturer of Gin Poles built in USA. Our gin poles are built utilizing 100 % recycled US steel, and you will not find a more reliable pole manufactured with the quality and backing which Landa Mobile Systems, LLC provides. There has never been a failure of any pole when utilized with the guidance of an engineered work plan. Safety is our priority and we are committed to building the safest gin poles in the northern hemisphere.
Light Weight Aluminum Round Gin Poles
WARNING: “Round poles are not man Rated”
Round Gin Poles
WARNING: “Round poles are not man Rated”
Triangle Gin Poles
WARNING: Our Triangular Gin Pole the gross load. Man Rated “when lifting personnel shall not exceed 50% of the charted safe lifted loads. No other construction loads shall be lifted with personnel”. We are not participating in AISC.
Square Gin Poles
WARNING: Our Triangular Gin Poles gross load. Man Rated.. “when lifting personnel shall not exceed 50% of the charted safe lifted loads. No other construction loads shall be lifted with personnel”. We are not participating in AISC.
Gin Pole Classifications
|Class||Gross Loading||Load Line Size||Impact Factor Req’d steel wire rope|
|A||0 < 1,000 Lbs||d<= 5/16″||1.45|
|B||1,000 < 3,000 Lbs||5/16″ < d <= 7/16″||1.35|
|C||3,000 < 10,000 Lbs||7/16″ < d <= 9/16″||1.25|
|D||10,000 + Lbs||d > 9/16″||1.20|
Manufactured to ANSI/TIA-322
- AWS Certified
- U.S. AWS certified welder assembled U.S. certified gin pole ASW welder assembled
- Certified AWS independent plant U.S. contractor inspected AWS D1.1:2015 Structural welding code-steel compliance, no AISC association.
- Load charts are pole specific with matching serial numbers
- 5.0 Analysis and design of gin poles
- 6.0 Gin pole construction
- Roller / Chicago end option
- Metalized surface
- Round poles are not man-rated
The zinc coating can be sealed with a thin coating of low viscosity polyurethane, epoxy-phenolic, epoxy, or vinyl resin. The details of the application sequence and procedures can be found in ANSI/AWS C2.18-93.
Basic Gin Pole Information Required to Re-Certify Poles
- Mill Report on steel, citing TIA -322, Pg 55:56 buyer must maintain a mill report for the life of the gin pole in accordance with ASTM A6 OR A568.
- Charpy report on steel to -40 citing TIA 322, Pg 55:56 state that the buyer must maintain a charpy report for the life of the gin pole in accordance with ASTM A370
- Welding inspection reports citing TIA 322, Pg 55:56
- Pole original engineering matching that poles serial number, citing TIA 322, Pg 55:56
- Each individual section must have a consecutive serial number stamp on it, citing TIA 322, Pg 55:56
- All poles must have serialized documented product number with associated paperwork, citing TIA 322, Pg 55:56
- Complete records of pole inspections.
- Record of magnetic particle inspections shall be performed on 10% of the welded connections every 10 years.
Annual inspections reports shall be maintained for minimum of two years.
We maintain records of all poles and have history as well and original manufacturing documentation in case of loss.
OSHA Required Forms Supplied with all LMS Gin Poles
- Annual Pole Certification signed and numbered
- Annual Pole Inspection Report signed and numbered
- VT Visual Welding Inspection Report, done at time of manufacture
- Mill Report on steel specification ASTM A500, Grade B/C
- Charpy report on steel temperature test to –40 degrees
- PE Stamped Pole specific Load Chart
- Structural steel 100% recycled USA in compliance with AISC or ANSI/TIA-222-G
- Each gin pole assembly and associated rooster head is permanently marked matching its load chart.
Gin Pole Operations: On the documentation side on things, operator will need adequate details depicting the planned operational configuration(s) for the complete gin pole system to be used including:
- Gin pole mast
- Top lifting block
- Load and tag line sizes/configuration (including use of heel block, max load position angle, max tag angle, tag arrangement, etc.)
- Basket and bridle attachment to gin pole and supporting structure including associated hardware and sling sizes/config
- All relevant details pertaining to jumping/lowering the pole into position
- All relevant details pertaining to tilting the pole for operation (use of luffing block, etc.)
- Any other relevant details based upon user’s planned operational configurations for assembly, setting, jumping, arranging, lifting, and/or removal of the system
- As pole manufacture Landa we only address the gin pole mast and allowable load and tag capacities / angles based solely upon the mast’s rated strength. Affirming the pole was designed, built and load charts are in accordance with the ANSI/TIA-322 standard. Its operator responsibility to ensure they are in compliance with all regulations related thereto.
- Complete records of pole inspections and record of Magnetic particle inspection shall be performed on 10% of the welded connections every 10 years.
- Annual inspections reports shall be maintained for a minimum of two years.
- All gin pole operations must be in compliance with the latest revision of ANSI/TIA-322 and the OSHA CPL 2-1.36
Maintain your required documents along with work plan, engineer sign off for each specific job.
- ANSI/TIA-322 standard includes an impact factor of 1.7 for all gin poles using synthetic load lines.
- Gin Pole storage racks for gin poles are recommended for safe transport, storage and return shipping for inspection service. These units protect and reduce the potential of damage from excess handling with forks etc.
WE WILL NOT PUT PEOPLES’ LIVES AT RISK.
Know the Regulations, and order the new ANSI/TIA-322 and OSHA CPL 2-1.36. Rigging plans for all gin pole use must be prepared in accordance with the ANSI/ASSE A10.48. Our standard load charts are relevant where wind speed does not exceed 30 mph gust at any given elevation during proposed lift.
“Load carts are not interchangeable” and do not match older models. Load Charts supplied are pole specific with serial numbers matching pole and expire with annual inspection certification.
New load charts are available from the factory upon submission of your re-certification completion
- AISC: Certification Program for Structural Steel Fabricator-Standard for Steel Building Structures-2006, AISC 201:2006, American Institute of Steel Construction, 2006.
- Guide for the Analysis of Guy and Stiff leg Derricks, American Institute of Steel Construction, 1974.
- Steel Construction Manual, 14th Edition, American Institute of Steel Construction, 2010.
- Design Loads on Structures During Construction, SEI/ASCE 37-02, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2002.
- Criteria for Safety Practices with the Construction, Demolition, Modification, and Maintenance of Communication Structures, ANSI/ASSE A10.48-2016, American Society of Safety Engineers, 2016.
- Standard Specification for General Requirements for Rolled Structural Steel Bars, Plates, Shapes, and Sheet Piling, ASTM A6/A6M-14, ASTM International, 2014.
- Standard Specification for Steel, Sheet, Carbon, Structural, and High-Strength, Low-Alloy, Hot-Rolled and Cold-Rolled, General Requirements for, ASTM A568/A568M-15, ASTM International, 2015.
- Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products, ASTM A370-15, ASTM International, 2015.
- Structural Welding Code – Steel, AWS D1.1/D1.1M:2015, American Welding Society, 2015.
- Structural Standard for Antenna Supporting Structures and Antennas, ANSI/TIA- 222-G, Telecommunications Industry Association, 2005.
Certified Green Gin Poles are manufactured 100% from USA recycled steel.
Certified SDVOSB | Minority owned company
Facility AWS D1.1:2015 Structural Welding Code-Steel. per section 6.9 of the code Certified, and 100% US Certified Welders welding to AWS, Certified 100% (AWS) D1.1 independent contractor inspected before leaving our facility. Not participating in AISC certification. Towers are 100% hot dipped galvanized finished to EN ISO 1461/ASTM A123/CSA G164 and ANSI/EIA-TIA-222 G, per section 107 and CSA S37 standards. Steel is ASTM A500, grade B/C. All products manufactured are Engineered and warranted. We have become the finest manufacturer of Gin Poles, Portable Towers, Climber Training Towers, Oil and Gas Flare Towers and Portable Shelters in the Americas, thanks to team efforts and most important our customer support. “Service disabled veteran owned company built in America by Americans.” Minority owner and plant located in “HUB zone certified”. Support our efforts as we support your freedom.
Landa Mobile Systems LLC supports and is in compliance affirmative action obligations on behalf of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Landa Mobile Systems, LLC complies fully with Executive Order 11246 and the applicable regulations of 41 CFR Part 60-1,-2; Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. 60-741; as well as the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. 60-300.